Experiencing God’s promises means to experience everyday life. You don’t usually dwell on the fact that you’re currently enjoying the breath of life (Genesis 2:7) coursing through your nostrils, you just live.
So what are God’s promises? They are the things that God wants us to have so we can enjoy our best lives.
Here are 7 of my favorites.
- God gives us strength. “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
- God will never leave us. “Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or in dread of them, for the Lord your God is the One who is going with you. He will not desert you or abandon you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
- God has plans for us to prosper. “For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for prosperity and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11
- God hears our prayers in Jesus’s name. “And whatever you ask in My name, this I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.” John 14:13-14
- God fights for us. “The Lord will fight for you, while you keep silent.” Exodus 14:14
- God gives us peace through Jesus Christ. “Peace I leave you, My peace I give you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, nor fearful.” John 14:27
- God loves us unconditionally. “For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38-39
The Ultimate Promise
God also promises salvation to those who believe and accept his son Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. If this is something you’re struggling with and you’d like to talk to someone about it, leave a comment below. It will be private unless you let me know that it’s ok to make it public.
We are all experiencing God’s promises throughout our lives. Through the joyful times and the difficult times, He is always fulfilling His promises.
This month we’ll be hanging out with Abram/Abraham and Sarah, Moses, and Esther. They all go through periods where they receive promises from God, but they each handle it differently. So as you dive into the details of each situation, I encourage you to seriously consider how you’d handle it and then let God know through prayer. Have that conversation with Him to help your relationship grow stronger.
I pray that something you read this month will inspire you to share your knowledge of God’s promises with someone you love.
Enjoy the wallpaper!
Click to download the printable workbook and wallpapers